Thursday 2 February 2012

Ancillary tasks update!

My ancillary tasks, I must admit, took a slow starting, mainly due to the fact that my time was not spread evenly. This however has been amend and my previous research has begun once again. As one of my tasks I wish to produce a magazine poster, and through my research I found that Bruno Mars hasn't released one, or not on the Internet at least. I did manage to find a tour poster instead, which provided a basis of the codes and conventions that occur on music promotional posters. 










































A quick denotation of the poster illustrates that Bruno Mars' poster uses the same colouring and effects, font and image (rocket in the background) as the the album cover which is shown in a previous post, displaying continuity throughout his promotional package; a feature which I too will include. The poster also includes dates and locations to which the tour is set, ticket prices etc, which will not be included in my magazine poster as it will not be portraying his tour; instead it will be his new song/album. An aspect that I will incorporate however is the use of the logos in the bottom right hand corner, displaying Bruno Mars' companies in which he works. I believe this is an excellent feature to have, be it a simple few or many as displayed above, as it establishes the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment