Sunday 5 February 2012

Ancillary tasks (drafts)

Before producing my ancillary tasks using the Adobe software, I created several drafts to analyse which features I would like to incorporate.


My first ancillary task is a poster promoting the new Bruno Mars album.


Whilst working along side my group members to ensure that across the entirety of our tasks, there would be continuity, for example the same fonts, colours and perhaps imagery too, I created the draft below.


The draft above is annotated to show the fonts,
colours, and layout of my poster.
























For my promotional poster, I had envisioned it would appear to be a poster within a poster. Once I had studied conventions of other promotional posters, it became apparent that there were certain aspects to include, for example:

  • The album title
  • Imagery of the artist
  • Artist logo
  • Contact information e.g. website, Blackberry barcode/Twitter logo/Facebook logo
The above have been included in my poster, which I have already begun to produce using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
I used this image, that I have previously used in a different post as my cover image of the artist.





















I have chosen to use this image because the way that I have edited it I feel creates a very quirky look, which matches the persona of Bruno Mars completely. To reinforce the feel of a 'poster within a poster' I will use small pieces of what appears to be masking tape on the corners of the  image, to portray the fact it has been stuck on.

No comments:

Post a Comment