Wednesday 8 February 2012

Ancillary tasks (drafts)

My next ancillary task was a digipak, and just as I had created for my promotional poster, I too produced drafts for this.



























The draft above is for the front and back cover of my CD case. Again, to reinforce continuity throughout, my group members along with myself will use the same font (Nueva Std) and colours (pale yellow, black and white).


The front of the CD case will include the artist logo that has been used consistently throughout my tasks, with the album name and artist name too. It will also include an image of some sort, be it of the artist itself or accompanied by others. 


The spine of the CD case I found was extremely important through research, and therefore was to be set out in a particular way. With the text facing towards the left when viewed, the spine will include again the artist name and album name, along with numbers and letters on each end, acting as sort codes as such.


The back of the CD case is again important as it is what will draw the target audience into purchasing the product. The back will include the song listing, a few images, perhaps displayed as polaroid images, with contact details (website). It will also incorporate the producing label (Virgin Records) and a barcode. A feature I may include on the back of the case is a star rating, and also a small quote.


No comments:

Post a Comment