Friday 24 February 2012

Ancillary tasks (Poster) (Photography)

Prior to the photo shoot I had organised for my ancillary tasks, I studied various images of Bruno Mars. I created a small collage using Photoshop to analyse some of the images, to grasp a concept for my own photographs.



























Whilst analysing the photographs above, there were many aspects that drew my attention. The first is photographs which show Bruno Mars' from the waist upwards. These particular images attracted me because it doesn't show the entire body, but enough for the audience to become engaged with the artist, and perhaps even adopt the ideology of 'gaze theory', in that for males, they aspire to be as Bruno Mars is, or for females, to draw the attention of males who mirror Bruno Mars (clothes, hair, body etc). 
I also liked the different effects used in different photographs, for example some are in black and white, and others in full colour. There are also photographs with a small faded black fade around the outline, an effect which again I like.
The final part of my analysis of the Bruno Mars' images was the small fact that in each image, the artist was not necessarily looking directly in the camera, and in my own photo shoot, without copying the work shown above, I would like to mirror these concepts stated, adding my own personal touch to it.

19/02/12 - Day of Photo Shoot
My photo shoot went extremely well, here are a few of the images taken, in their original settings. Again, I have placed them in a collage to display a wide variety:

















As you can see above, I have copied some of the poses that Bruno Mars uses, for example standing in front of a plain wall, behind a coloured background (blue and white shed) and added my own outdoor location. I personally feel that the photographs with the plain background are more effective as the focus is solely on the person in the image, which primarily is what attracts an audience upon their first viewing of a poster. 


Once I had analysed all of the photos taken (total of 60) I chose one particular image that I liked the best, and decided to manipulate it using various effects.


The image itself has not changed in this
photograph, however I have added a
background of mosaic tiles, and have
changed the opacity and degrees to which
the tiles are set, creating an almost
patchwork effect.
With this image, I mirrored the Bruno Mars
image in the collage above, using a black
fade around the corner, and changing the
colouring in the image from colour to black
and white.


























Out of all of the photographs manipulated,
this is my favourite in that it is still a very
simple photograph, with a subtle touch of
editing. There has been a focal zoom on
the face of the actor, and the remaining
of the photo has been slightly blurred out.
I feel that the simple grey and white
colouring of the image will fit my poster
perfectly.
























As the first image, I have added the mosaic
tiles effect, however altered the image and
decided to use a different one. I am not too
fond of this image as the colouring seems
very exaggerated, and the mise-en-scene
in the background does not fit the poster. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment