Tuesday 28 February 2012

Ancillary tasks (drafts)

As part of my digipak too, I have created a draft of the CD itself. I looked at Bruno Mars' original CD front cover for 'Doowops & Hooligans' and based my own on that, whilst also putting my own input into it.




The original CD as displayed above is very simple, it has a yellow silhouette of Bruno Mars' placed quite small on the bottom, and is black. There is the copyrights statement that goes around the edging of the CD in a very small black font.

After analysing the original, I decided that I too would like my CD to be simple. My CD consists of the BRUNO MARS title, the album titles and the producing logo. It also has the copyright statement around the bottom edging of the CD, similar to the Bruno Mars original CD. Instead of having my CD background a plain colour, I have decided to repeat the word "Bruno Mars" over and over, change the opacity and use it as a background. This element will also be used by others in the group. Using Adobe Photoshop to edit the background out, and superimpose the image, I wish to use the photograph below on the front to represent the artist.






No comments:

Post a Comment