Sunday 22 April 2012

EVALUATION QUESTIONS

EVALUATION QUESTIONS: 3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Audience feedback within this project, and other aspects of media, is vital because without it, your product will never continue to improve, and this element is something that I have learned in reference to this project.

Being able to give feedback on a piece of media text is easy, however receiving critical feedback on a task that has required an extended period of time of planning and research, and long hours of continual effort, is much more difficult. At first, approaching this feedback by my peers and teachers seemed like a negative aspect, and I felt quite disheartened by it. However, I now acknowledge the fact that despite how negative this feedback may have been, it improved my work for the better, and therefore I am grateful for this.

Constructive criticism is one thing that I have learnt from my audience feedback. I have learnt how to accept it, and also deliver it in reference to the other groups in my class. Feedback that was given to me in reference to my music video I was unaware of, for example the lack of variety of shot types in the rough edit, due to the fact that I almost became oblivious whilst editing day after day. I was then able to use this feedback to evaluate other groups' work.

Audience feedback from the Creative Arts Evening that was held at school was very valuable to me, and I learnt a great deal from these few hours. This was the first screening of my rough edit and I watched it from behind a curtain. This enabled me to watch the audience throughout the screening and view their facial expressions and general reactions towards the video. This feedback was also aided through the video booth shown in intervals, which has been mentioned in previous blogs.

Feedback from family and friends from outside of my class and school was also valuable, as it became a second opinion as such. People who knew not much of the project were able to give unbiased opinions of the music video and ancillary tasks, which enabled me to gather genuine feedback.

To conclude, I have learnt a great deal from audience feedback. Although it was not at the forefront of my mind at the beginning of the project, it is now and it has improved my work, for which I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment